Cloud Solutions Validation Manager Job Description
Platform Validation Engineering PVE within Programmable solutions group PSG group is looking for a leader for its Cloud Solutions Validation effort with special focus on engagement with one of our top cloud customers.Responsibilities:
- Functionally manage a team of experts on Cloud Solutions Validation who will work closely across platform engineering teams within PSG.
- Lead a teams for validating an entire Cloud solution with FPGA silicon, FPGA software & FW ingredients in a platform representative of Cloud customers and additionally in few cases directly on customer platforms life cycles.
- Develop platform level use cases, replicate and/or reuse customer design/collaterals to enable faster TTM
- Collaborate with Customer Engineering Group, Business Unit and Manufacturing for assurance that our products are compatible with the system architectures envisioned and implemented by customers and ecosystem partners.
- Drive adoption of Intel Validation strategies as required
- Engage and work closely with managers of Board, System Validation and Electrical Validation engineering teams.
- Steer our engineering teams with consistent priorities, and clearly communicate status on project commitments to top management
- Collaborate with IP engineering, HW engineering, Software Engineering teams of PSG in terms of driving continuous improvement in platform engineering methodologies.
- Manage complex programs of global scope and impact through all phases of product
- BS/MS plus 9 years of experience in management & leadership of Xeon CPU and/or chipset validation.
- 5 years of experience in managing validation for high complexity CPU type projects
- Strong technical expertise on Cloud Platform "Solutions" Validation, tools and methodologies.
- Ability to work with cross geo teams and deliver high complexity programs.
Inside this Business Group
- Prior experience on Customer engagement/co-engineering.
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn enough depth on new products/technologies to support strategic discussions and to set direction.
- Have built partnerships with design, manufacturing, business units.
- Prior experience of building new post-silicon validation teams and establishing methodologies
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.Other Locations
California, San Jose; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.