IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM's value to clients includes IBM's business consulting division, which brings expertise in aligning technology strategies with business strategies to enable innovation, acceleration, and value realization through client solutions and services. IBM consultants have a global reach and are dedicated to working face-to-face with clients to address all of their industry and transformative needs as they reinvent themselves for the future.
We are seeking visionary individuals with a passion for building the future and that possess a blend of general business and technology strategy skills. In this role, the consultant is responsible for the selling and solutioning of Cloud Adoption engagements.
Responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Participating in envisioning future trends and strategic cloud technology solutions
- Participating in client opportunity and qualification calls
- Understanding client strategic cloud needs and objectives
- Articulating and formulating solutions for proposals and statements of work that align to the client strategic cloud needs
- Working with the sales team through deal progression and signing
- Assisting in defining and supporting Cloud Adoption portfolio of offerings
- Defining scope for client engagements and developing the basis for estimates
- Actively engaging to bring insights to drive quality on engagements
- Building relationships with business leaders internally as well as externally
- Supporting external cloud engagement of team through conferences and seminars
This position may require significant global travel.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.