Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer).
Senior Technical Architect assigned to key client accounts to assist in creating scalable, secure IaaS deployments that take advantage of the Softlayer global cloud platform. In addition to designing solutions for enterprise customers, Solution architects are skilled in pervasive system patterns including network, virtualization, storage, backup and DR architectures - scalable web apps, real time and big data - as well as agile development and operations/delivery methodologies and pervasive tools. Solution architects are able to perform hands on tasks in collaboration with the client technical leadership team. Senior solution architect has direct access to key engineering and support expertise within Softlayer and across wider IBM. Solution architects are able to engage at the design and architecture levels as well as proficient in hands-on use of the Softlayer platform.
• Work directly with Client technical team to gather requirements, architecture/implementation constraints and desired deployment timelines
• Perform Design/Architecture reviews engaging wider IBM experts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed.
• Participate with the Softlayer Technical account manager in performing joint planning and rollout plans.
• Assist client with lesson learned
• Evaluate and bring forward new client requirements to the SoftLayer Product Development team.
• Participate in discussions/reviews with other key suppliers as requested by client.
• Work hands-on with client to perform infrastructure setup in support of system enhancements and new function roll-out.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.