Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist / Research Investigator, Fermentation Development in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist / Research Investigator, Fermentation Development working on the Biologics & New Modality Development team, you will be empowered to develop manufacturing platforms & processes for novel proteins that will be transformative to patients and work with cross-functional teams to move these therapies into the clinic and beyond, and a typical day will include POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Qualifications:EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Assist in the establishment of non-mammalian expression and fermentation capabilities for the production of novel (non-mAb/non-Fc) proteins of therapeutic interest. Specific objectives in this area include supporting 1) the evaluation and implementation of bacterial or other non-mammalian based expression platforms and 2) the optimization of fermentation conditions as a means of improving expression levels or reducing COGs to commercially-viable levels
- Assist in the establishment of internal lab capabilities to support these areas, including identifying and implementing critical technology platforms and equipment
- Serve as a technical liason with external collaborators or Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations, providing expression or fermentation technical support as needed for specific therapeutic assets
- Represent Upstream Development and work effectively with internal CMC teams in developing integrated manufacturing strategies and timelines to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of protein candidates.
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 6+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 4+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in the expression of non-Fc proteins, including enzymes or other novel scaffolds via bacterial, yeast or other non-mammalian platforms
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with fermentation optimization strategies, including the optimization of media and physicochemical parameters and DOE
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques for recombinant protein expression and the operation of benchtop stirred-tank bioreactors (of varying scales)
- Bachelors or Masters: Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP’s
- PhD: Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to field
- Previous experience with the use of contract facilities
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. #LI-SM1-USA
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.