This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion – a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com.
This position will be located in our Plant 3, Whitehall Casting Operations with the key responsibilities to include:
- General CMM Area Expert with focus on programming and equipment in particular. Would include: gaining an expertise in various equipment and programming languages including Calypso, Blade Pro, PCDMIS, MM4, Valysis, NX Inspect, and GOM inspect. Also, will be the driver of eequipment improvement needs including equipment replacement, maintenance, spare parts inventory, consumable procurement, and software upgrades/implementation.
- CMM Area Work Lead including: mentoring, setting and tracking queue priority, training of new programming personnel, providing input on employee evaluations
- Continuous Improvement of CMM efforts including: process improvement, formally documenting best practices / standardization, and establishing and modifying procedures and work instructions for both metrology lab and production CMM inspections.
- CMM Area Quality including: customer audit interface, equipment calibration, pre-release program review/area output quality, process documentation, program correlations, machine to machine correlations and trouble shooting, data retention, program integrity, software control adherence, root cause and corrective action investigations.
- CMM programming of the most difficult and complex CMM inspection program requests.
Providing and scheduling production support efforts and maintaining capacity analysis versus production forecast.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.