Eaton located in Camarillo, CA has an immediate opening for a CMM Inspector.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Develops and executes CMM Programming using current inspection software.
- Performs and verifies visual, dimensional, mechanical, and chemical inspection functions, relating to: source, first
- article, receiving, in process, final and test operations using company or customer supplied drawings, equipment and/or
- Develops CMM Programs for First Article and production components
- Trains operators and staff on use of programs
- Reviews and approves inspection/test data
- Reads and interprets mechanical/electrical drawings and procedures
- Interfaces with customer/Government source inspection personnel
- Maintains inspection records in accordance with company procedures
- Understands and supports the Quality Management System
- Generates and assists in the corrective/preventive action process and non-conforming material process
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Must be able to communicate (read and write) in English
- Must use basic/advanced measuring tools (caliper, micrometer, scopes, etc.)
- Capable of routine manual dexterity, walking, sitting, standing, climbing and lifting up to 20 pounds when required
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years of inspection experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using a CMM is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Camarillo will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Associate Degree in math, sciences, or engineering is a plus
- CMM MicroVu vision system programming experience or similar CMM machine is a plus
- Trigonometry/Basic four function mathematics is preferred.
- AS9102 First article& ANSI_ Y14.5M 1982 is preferred.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.