A CMM Operator job in Manchester TN is available through Modis Engineering on a direct hire. To be considered for this position you need to possess a sound understanding of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing along with two to four years of total experience working with coordinate measuring machines. In this position you'll be responsible for running Co-ordinate Measuring Machine for all components. You will further be performing calibrations, keeping inventory, removing obsolete fixtures/measures, summarizing reports, and performing capability studies. This position pays between $22 and $25/hr.
CMM Operator job responsibilities include:
• Run Co-ordinate Measuring Machine for all components. Stampings supporting Advanced Quality, Production and ensures Quality System requirements are met as well as determining areas that require further improvement
• Prepare Direct Computer Control (D.C.C.) Programs for part and fixture layouts
• Perform calibration of new fixtures and New Measuring instruments, etc.
• Complete required labels for new fixtures and assigns location
• Keep an up-to-date inventory list of all fixtures
• Remove obsolete fixtures/measuring instruments to storage
• Participate in fixture design meetings to provide insight/suggestions on design improvements
• Summarize CMM report and translates results into AIAG format together with the Quality Specialist
• Prepare parts for GP6 requirement; complete all submitted documentation and report per procedure
• Prepare PPAP layout, Customer requested layout or plant requested layout for improvement
• Perform annual Dimensional layout as per procedures
• Perform capability/statistical studies as per procedures
• Participate as a team member on the Internal Audit Team
• High school diploma or GED
• 2-4 years of experience with CMM
• Sound understanding of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T)
• Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings
• In-depth knowledge of calibration procedures required to perform job responsibilities
• Ability to work 2nd shift
If you are interested in this CMM Operator job in Manchester TN then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact John Perkins at 615-514-3501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.