Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
CMPD Operations Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The CMPD (Configuration Management & Product Definition) Operations Leader is part of the leadership team delivering design operational excellence and will be responsible for the management of operations related to fiscal responsibility, key operating performance indices and rhythms, and driving strategic digital initiatives.
In the role of CMPD Operations Leader, you will report to the General Manager of CMPD team within Gas Power Technology (GPT) organization and will be the primary focal point for all CMPD operations related support required for Global Operations COE within Gas Power Technology organization and program leadership for Digital Engineering Configuration Management system initiatives.
As the CMPD Operations Leader, you will primarily focus on maintaining fiscal responsibility, including managing operational and program budgets ($130MM+, $40MM+), demand forecast, organizational capacity and driving execution metrics and priorities with other functional leaders within the organization. You will work closely with a diverse set of functional groups including Projects & Requisition Engineering, Digital Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, Steam Power Systems, Power Services, Finance, Product Line Management, Regional Management, Global Operations, and Human Resources to achieve operational excellence.
* Manage functional cost of an expansive global team in line with business operating plan - that includes labor, local & global contractor, shop/work/labor & general operating costs
* Establish operating rhythms to ensure key performance indices are visible and proactively drive corrections to customer outcomes working closely with functional teams to meet or exceed goals around on time delivery, quality and cycle time
* Manage global demand-capacity strategy to help functional leaders prioritize and deploy resources across the organization effectively and drive productivity to deliver overall financial performance
* Support business integration efforts by unifying operations and maximize resource utilization to offset SW&L purchased service expenses. Establish a plan and drive operational & financial discipline to deliver global SW&L savings.
* Manage digital industrial transformation across GE Power through planning and reporting Digital Engineering CMPD tools program and sustaining budgets.
* Drive GE2GE & digital industrial transformation initiatives within team by creating awareness, progressing opportunities and communicating touch points and value story to maximize team engagement
* Represent CMPD engineering team in operations council meetings with Global Operations COE to leverage synergy and flow down high level business operating plan actions to functional level teams
* Drive consistent global operations strategy, process rigor, and best practice sharing across global teams to operate as ONE engineering team
* Lead CMPD communications plan supporting COLAB, All hands, posters and other innovative methods
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of experience in Operations and / or Program Management position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
* Knowledge of Power Generation products, services, processes, and organizational structure
* Solid understanding and effective ability to work in a matrix environment
* Experience in driving large initiatives in a multi functional environment
* Strong analytical skills and experience with MS Excel
* Anticipates internal & external customer needs and ensures that they are met
* Measures processes and performance through the customer's eyes
* Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
* Displays strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills and is accessible and approachable
* Communicates messages clearly and concisely; displays strong oral and written communication skills
* Lead initiatives with ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Proactive, self-starting individual
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.