GE Renewable Energy
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
CMS Product Manager - Renewable Energy
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
The Conditions Monitoring System (CMS) Product Manager - Renewable Energy is responsible for the full lifecycle of GE's Condition Monitoring System. In this role, you will establish and communicate the strategy and vision for the product's future as well as tactically manage the ongoing development, enhancement and maintenance of the existing product hardware and software.
As the CMS Product Manager - Renewable Energy, you will:
* Continuously update CMS MGPP with inputs from Fleet Analytics and FSA teams, market needs, and competitive intelligence
* Drive business case analysis, funding, staffing, and oversee project management for NTI and NPI failure detection improvement programs with integration with CMS platform. (ESA, Historian, tower sway, blade dynamics, main bearing) - Working closely with Bently, GRC, SCADA development team, and Controls Eng
* Drive development schedules of Bently's System1Evo platform for Renewables
* Ensure that CMS lowers FSA costs. Connect the dots between APM, CMS, and FSA productivity. Ensure FSA cost models take credit for justified CMS benefits. Drive algorithm roadmap from real world in FSA to diagnostics engineering team
* Understand current landscape of CMS market including key competitors, business models, monitoring services, technology trends/differences/capabilities, and pricing
* Support sales with training & info on the CMS product and service
* Creating stickiness of the product to drive subscription sales
* Determine new or unique pricing models necessary to win bids typically lost
* Drive increases in Transactional Parts and Repair work by engaging Service Directors and transactional sales leaders
* Prepare business cases to drive cross-functional support and scale monitoring capability with demand. (E.g. determine proper scaling necessary to grow fulfillment team with increasing monitored contracts.)
* Support DMP projects to remove hardware and cost in the equipment & installation (Bently, manufacturing, services, installation, etc.)
* Negotiate with internal and external suppliers, get best pricing for software, maintenance agreements, manage internal GE to GE override negotiation and agreement
* Work with FRO and suppliers to address emerging fleet issues
* Ensure Patents and IP are updated with each feature release/modification and monitor for patent infringement
* Work with communications and commercial team to update collateral for sales organization
* Participate in conference speaking engagements to promote GE's CMS monitoring strategy and technology
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in product management, engineering or related fields
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but preferably Schenectady, NY
* Strong understanding of CMS, analytics, SCADA, controls, or wind farm operations
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
* Demonstrated solid wind technology, diagnostics, and software expertise and imaginative improvement ideas
* Strong team player - structured work methods and analytical skills
* High flexibility and motivated to succeed
* Ability to lead and energize people
* Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to clearly communicate issues and resolution to both a technical and non-technical audience
* Ability and willingness to travel, as required
* Ability to make decisions with incomplete information
* Strong quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects and problems
* Experience working with multicultural teams
* Distinctive ability to analyze technical processes
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.