St. Mark's Hospital provides a full array of services to the surrounding community, including the following service lines: cardiac, nicu, orthopedics, behavioral health, skilled nursing, acute rehab, as well as many others. St. Mark's is the oldest running hospital in Utah with rich traditions and a reputation for excellent patient care and quality outcomes. St. Mark's Hospital is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and only a stones's throw away from many national parks, including Moab, Zion, Canyonlands, etc. Certified Nursing Assistant:
Working under the supervision of an RN in the Acute Care Setting, the Resource Staff C.N.A. performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Qualified candidates must be willing to float between these three specialties as needed and fill in for any staffing shortages. 2 years of Acute Care nursing experience is required.Qualifications:
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
- Previous Med/Surg nursing experience is required, 2 years strongly preferred.
- Utah Certified Nursing Assistant Certification required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom