Certified Nursing Assistant, 4C, Full Time Days 0.9 Mercy Hospital
Miami, FL Facility Description:
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for over 60 years. As a comprehensive healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. A 473-bed acute care facility, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with over 700 physicians representing 27 medical specialties. Its Centers of Excellence include: The CyberKnife® Institute, The Heart Center, the Maternity and Women's Health Center, the Miami Cancer Center, the Minimally Invasive Institute, the Orthopaedics Institute, and the Surgical Weight Loss Center.
As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and is affiliated with HCA East Florida Division, an HCA affiliate. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for six consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
Under the supervision and/or direction of the Nurse Manager/Director,Nurse Supervisor,RN,LPN the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various direct patient care activities in accordance with Department policy and procedures.
- Completes patient vital signs,input/output,blood glucose checks, daily weight and other tasks as assigned and notify nurse with significant changes.
- Notifies nurse of any patient with potential for skin breakdown.
- Follows Chain of Command as appropriate to assure patient safety and high quality care.
- emonstrates responsibility and accountability for completion of assignments and delivery of safe effective and appropriate care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Explains all treatment and care to the patient and/or family members.
- Prioritizes patient care activities based on patient's needs.
- Answers patient call lights promptly and reports patient needs to assigned nursing personnel for follow up. Refers delays to Charge Nurse for intervention.
- Ensures patient safety at all times i.e.,assists with toileting,ambulating, and feeding as needed/ordered.
- Assures that bed alarms are on at all times for patients at fall risk.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Florida Certified Nurse Assistant License required
- Two(2) years hospital or nursing home experience strongly preferred
- BLS issued through the American Heart Association required
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom