DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The CNC Machine Repair Specialist will install and maintain production machines and assist in machine overhaul within the facility. This includes but is not limited to hooking up control wiring, motor hook-ups and repairing production equipment
- Repairs all types of production equipment by interfacing with the operator and/or manager to determine the problem and resolving it using standard procedures or designing and implementing repairs
- Performs routine maintenance on production equipment.
- Moves, levels and runs electricity and air to production machines as needed.
- Performs other special projects, related administrative and other duties as assigned.
- Acts as back-up for other areas of maintenance such as cleaning, driving, metal scrap, snow removal, machine set-up and repair.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Document work performed in Maximo.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
- 5 years of electrician and or machine mechanic/technician or related experience is required.
- Regulated industry experience is required.
- A strong working knowledge in mechanical affairs is required
- Electrician License or equivalent knowledge of electrical wiring and repair is required
- Basic familiarity of chemicals and their OSHA, EPA and FDA regulations are preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic theory and trouble-shooting techniques are required
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and schematics are required
- A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license is required
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Also the ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and CNC Controls preferred.
- Good computer skills.
- Strong communication skills.
This position in located in West Chester, PA and requires a daily commute for the 2nd shift position and may require additional overtime, including holidays and weekends.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.