Eaton in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time CNC Machinist. This is an off-shift position.
Combination of duties that include the following classification functions; Finishing Cell Machining, Forming Cell Machining, Product Support Technician, Sub-Assembly, Storekeeping, Material Handling, and Cleaning & Snagging.
- Rotation through each lean cell function and rotation through other lean cells.
- Read and understand work instructions.
- Perform visual and physical inspection of parts using functional measuring equipment.
- Apply Statistical Process Control (SPC) know how to detect an out-of-control condition as well as other problem solving methodologies to ensure quality of product.
- Interpret and work from complex drawings, blueprints and specifications.
- Identify non-conformances found during the inspection of component parts, and properly document such nonconformances in the DR System.
- Setup and maintain various types of tooling used within job function.
- Setup and operate various types of machines (lathes, mills, drills; CNC & Manual) without assistance and maintain proper tolerances.
- Setup and operate various types of finishing equipment (grinders, CNC grinders, laps, hones, etc.) without assistance and maintain proper tolerances.
- Maintain lubricating oils and cutting fluids to proper levels in machine.
- Read and interpret all gauging instruments such as micrometers and indicators.
- Utilize small hand tools to remove metal shavings from the interior and exterior of machined parts.
- Operate small air, electric, or battery powered rotary tools.
- Marking of parts via engraving or etching techniques.
- Responsible for the rotating group repetitive grinding operation to achieve defined match fit of piston to cylinder block bore.
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Responsible for notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators including paperwork requirements as observable.
- Performs operator defined TPM and/or 5S tasks as required.
- Responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area.
- Proper use of all tools and gages necessary to complete and to verify that all work performed has been completed to specifications as required.
- Subassembly operations such as, installation of pins, plugs, inserts, bearings, miscellaneous components, etc.
- Performs minor grinding, lapping, deburr or repair work as required.
- Compliance to Manufacturing Self-Release Process (MSRP), and responsible for the quality of the product going to next operation.
- Other duties as required within the job classification and duties of lower classifications.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- One of the following types of experience is required:
- Machining certificate or an associate’s degree in a technical field
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in machining, metalworking, or other mechanical discipline
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Ability to read and understand G & M code
- Prior work experience using hone, lap, and grind equipment
- Five years of precision machining experience
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Ability to read precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, depth gauges and other applicable equipment
- Experience operating equipment such as mills, lathes, surface grinders, ID Grinders, and/or OD Grinders
- Knowledge of inspection procedures
- Ability to setup and operate numerically controlled machines
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and applicable specifications
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop math
- Concern for job safety
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.