DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a CNC Machinist located in West Chester, PA for their 2nd & 3rd shift positions.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The CNC Machinist will:
- Produce parts in accordance with the production plan provided by the manufacturing supervisor. Equipment used will be CNC Swiss turns, lathes, mills, and chuckers, as well as other secondary machines including, but not limited to, various types of grinders, drill presses, jack rabbits, buffers, mass finishers, etc.
- Optimize production by performing secondary work such as deburring, vibratory, and any hand work as well as preparing for the next job, organizing and cleaning the cell, and helping others to do the same while machines are running.
- Perform first piece inspection and in-process quality checks.
- Perform preventative maintenance on a regular basis.
- Provide input to cell leader/supervisor to resolve quality problems and improve cell operations.
- Stay on task and within the cell to help meet or beat the team’s production requirements.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience of setting up and operating CNC machines (mills and/or lathes) is required
- Current or previous experience with hand held mechanical devices (e.g. micrometers, calipers, hand gage pins, drop indicators, optical measuring devices, etc.) is required.
- Swiss turn experience, buffing and deburring experience are preferred
- Must have good math skills and the ability to apply working knowledge of metrics and conversions
- Basic computer skills are also required
- Must be able to perform in both an individual and a team environment
- Must have the ability to communicate with internal and external individuals
This candidate must be able to commute to West Chester, PA and work a flex schedule of 2nd and 3rd shifts, with hours from (1:45PM-7:15PM) and (9:45PM-6:15AM).
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function