DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The CNC Machinist sets up and operates various types of machinery (i.e. CNC, Chemical Finishing, Packaging, Vibratory, Pneumatic, Manual and/or automatic) in assigned cell, in order to produce various types of Medical instruments and implants. Equipment used depends on product being manufactured or operation being performed and may vary from cell to cell or department. Ensures production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance schedules are adhered to, and safety rules are followed.
• The CNC Machinist sets up and operates diverse types of equipment used to manufacture various types of Medical devices/implants (establish products and/or testing new products) within established manufacturing processes and quality requirements.
• The operations performed depend on cell assignment and product that is being manufactured but may include minor machine programming.
• The CNC Machinist is responsible for the following activities, assembly, chemical finishing, laser etching, packaging/labeling, vibratory finishing, cutting raw material, drilling, milling, bending, deburring, buffing, as well as some work on other types of machines and tools within the manufacturing environment.
• Other equipment used may be CNC, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Manual, or automatic and includes, but is not limited to various types of lathes, mills, grinders, hex, roll flows, vibratory machines, drill presses, jack rabbits, bead blaster, grinding wheels, buffer, bench presses, etc.
• All operators use various types of measuring instruments including, numerous types of gauges, micrometers, calipers, comparators, pH meters, conductivity meters, and digital titrators for chemical analysis.
• All operators use diverse types of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) to adjust or change tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments.
• The CNC Machinist is also responsible for following process sheets and using individual judgment, performs first piece inspection and in process quality checks.
• This is done both visually and mechanically, Adjusts set up or changes tooling/chemistry as necessary to maintain quality levels.
• Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance on a regular basis such as, but not limited to, checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, maintenance regarding equipment breakdowns, and process chemical maintenance,
• Completes rework, as necessary, on products rejected by inspection,
• Works with other production areas and cell leaders, as necessary, to resolve quality problems, Provides input to cell leader or supervisor for more efficient cell operations, tooling, fixture design, layout, and cell organization, and works following appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co-workers.
• The CNC Machinist knows and follows all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participates in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
• May perform other related duties, as required.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of six months of job experience that would demonstrate mechanical aptitude, such as machine operator, maintenance work, etc. is required. Strong math skills and the ability to learn metrics is required.
• Must have the ability to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, and/or noisy on a daily basis. Exposure to fumes from chemicals, oil, coolants, etc. is regular with appropriate PPE.
• Must be able to be on your feet for the duration of the shift.
• Lifting 5 to 20 pounds is required on a regular basis and heavy lifting (i.e. 50 pounds and over) is also required on occasion.
This position requires daily commute to West Chester, PA for the 2nd shift position.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.