- Conducts pre-operations inspections to ensure machine is ready to be operated in safe and efficient manner
- Reads and executes daily production schedule as directed by supervisor
- Will measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machinery.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required and reports problems to supervisor as necessary
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications and stops production if any part that is detected to be out of specification
- Will confer with Machine Shop Supervisor to resolve machining problems.
- Produces daily production reports, inspections and other reports as directed by supervisor
- Must have understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policies and safety procedures.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years experience working with close tolerance practices of +/- .010 or less, in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand how to read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Other Locations For This Job