Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) has immediate openings for CNC Operator to assist in the production process at our plant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations.
AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.Key Responsibilities:
- Conducts pre-operations inspections to ensure machine is ready to be operated in safe and efficient manner
- Reads and executes daily production schedule as directed by supervisor
- Will measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machinery.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required and reports problems to supervisor as necessary
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications and stops production if any part that is detected to be out of specification
- Will confer with Machine Shop Supervisor to resolve machining problems.
- Produces daily production reports, inspections and other reports as directed by supervisor
- Must have understanding and knowledge of company procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policies and safety procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understand how to read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.