Eaton in Glenolden, PA has an opening for a 1st shift CNC Machinist Lathe/Mill. The primary role of this position will support manufacturing and engineering departments by manufacturing various production and prototype components. Assist shop management in training shop personnel in common machine shop practices and company specific processes and procedures.
Ability to interpret blueprints generated per ANSI/ASME Y14.5 guidelines (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing). Ability to manufacture parts which conform to same specification.
Ability to inspect parts using precision measuring tools equipped with vernier and DRO scales. Such tools include optical comparators, micrometers, indicators, CMM, etc
Ability to set-up and operate CNC Mills and/or CNC Lathes
Ability to interpret and edit “G-code” NC programs
Ability to set-up and operate simple machine tools such as drill presses, manual presses, saws, shears, etc
Ability to set-up and operate manual lathes and mills
Ability to sharpen various cutting tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five years’ setup and operate CNC Mill/Lathe experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Glenolden, PA will be considered
Must be able to interpret and edit “G-code”
Capable of using precision measuring tools, tools equipped with vernier and DRO scales. Such tools include optical comparators, micrometers, indicators, CMM
- CNC programming experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.