CNC Operator II, Tsugami
Primary Purpose of the Job
Major activities/Key challenges
- Sets-up and runs CNC Tsugami Machines within the standard time per router.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Must be familiar with programming and editing.
- Must be familiar with ID and OD threading.
- Must be willing to work in team environment.
- Must be able to use various types of measuring tools and be familiar with various types of materials.
- Work closely with leads
- Must be able to follow work order and verbal instructions
- Run multiple machines as required
- Actively employs set-up reduction techniques to minimize "internal" activities, drive down change-over times and increase productivity
- Maintains a clean and orderly workplace in accordance with 5S standards
- Active involvement in Autonomous Maintenance program
- Perform Preventative Maintenance per daily schedule
- Perform first piece verification process per part print as required
- Responsible for producing and maintaining high level quality parts
- Perform Lock/Out Tag/Out (LOTO)
- Run production parts according to specifications, work instructions and quality standards
- Check all work with appropriate measuring tools and make offsets and edits as required
- Active involvement in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow all EHS Policies and Procedures. Report all incidents immediately
Basic QualificationsBasic or Minimum Qualification
- Must have 5 years experience
- Must be able to work from 5:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and work instructions
- Understanding of cutting tools (offset and geometry) and must know "G" and "M" Codes
- Must know basic troubleshooting
- Must be able to move/lift up to 30 lbs (may not exceed per EHS policies)
- Understanding of 5S principals; Sort, Simplify, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain
- Must be able to use the necessary measuring tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicators, Comparator, Gages, etc) as required
- Understand programming requirements and Siemens, Sinumerik, and Fanuc controls
- Must be Lock, Tag, and Verify (LTV) authorized within a year of employment
- SPC knowledge highly desirable, mathematical skill and system 22
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Other Locations For This Job