At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a CNC Operator for the IBG located in Montrose, CO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of CNC Operator
will manufacture superior, non-defective super-abrasive grinding wheels and products in order to meet customer specifications and demands. The presence of every employee, when scheduled is required to conduct the company's business efficiently and effectively. A condition of continued employment is that employees will work overtime when requested to do so and work temporary assignments on another shift. Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodations. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Programs and Operates CNC and manual machining equipment to finish product to Shop Order requirements, prints and drawings.
- Selects and sets up materials, fixturing and equipment to meet Shop Order requirements.
- Fabricates products, jigs, fixtures and etc. according to prints and drawings.
- Performs changeover tasks.
- Performs in-process inspections.
- Performs general maintenance on machines and equipment.
This position may require:
- Working 1st shift (6:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday)
- Frequent physical demands including lifting and carrying up to 21-30 lbs. about 20% of day.
- Weekend work, on occasion.
- Working overtime, as needed.
- Working holidays, as needed.
- Short notice call-in, on occasion.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- Experience using CAD drawings/prints.
- Experience using basic computer skills to complete daily responsibilities.
- Experience setting up and operating CNC machines.
- Experience using basic measuring devices (micrometer, calipers, protractors, and etc.) to ensure product meets specifications.
- Possess CNC Certification.
: Montrose, CORelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.