Job Summary: • The technician will work under general supervision to program multi-axis CNC equipment for the machining of castings to precision tolerances, using Master Cam, and NX software.
Job Responsibilities: Essential Functions
• Ability to interpret complex blueprints, instructions, and inspection requirements
• Advanced math skills (especially algebra, trigonometry, and geometry)
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Team-oriented attitude
• Safety Awareness
• Utilize CAD/CAM, Master Cam, and NX software to build part models and create tool paths
• Use of basic and advanced metrology equipment
• Proficiency in the use of CAD/CAM software is required (Master Cam or NX preferred)
• Proficiency in Microsoft office
• Prepare and set up castings to be machined in a production setting
• Program Multi-axis machining centers
• Determine cutting tools required for a job
• Create work instructions, route cards and temporary engineering instructions or sketches.
• Design/build machining fixtures
• Assist in training
• Perform other machining operations, as needed
• Ability to work efficiently to meet production demands while working safely
• Must be flexible in working hours including overtime
1. Skills and Abilities:
• CNC programming capabilities
• Good computer skills (file transfer, CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office)
• Advanced machining skills
• Understanding of digitizing techniques
• Understanding of NX software (or ability to be trained)
• Manipulate models in Unigraphics & Solidworks (or ability to be trained)
• G Code programming (or ability to be trained)
• Ability to load/unload and set up parts in CNC equipment (castings, setters, molds,
• fixtures, raw stock, etc.)
• A minimum of 2 years of CNC programming experience is preferred.
3. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may:
• Lift up to 35lbs. (30% of the time)
• Push or pull up to 100 lbs. (dead weight, 5% of the time)
• Stand 60% of the time
• Bend and twist 30% of the time (when standing)
• Lifting and manipulating of fixturing is required.
4. Equipment Used:
• Computers and software (i.e. Windows, NX, Solidworks, Microsoft Office etc.)
• CNC (various machines)
• Hand tools
5. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
• Cutting fluids
• Flying chips
• Extreme heat (summer months and only specific areas)
• Sandblast grit (only in specific areas).
• Long hours
• Various shifts
EHS Requirements: • Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
• Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
• Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
• Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
• Attend all EHS training.
Quality Statement: The products we manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods and people; the defense of our country; critical energy infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and lives depend upon the products we manufacture.
What we do as an organization is important and the first, and best, “line of defense” against non-conforming products escaping to our customers is you. A simple message: don’t take it, don’t make it, and don’t pass it
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.