Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, New York is looking for a NC/CNC Setup and Operate employee to work second shift in our Large Castings department.
Primary Function: Setup and operate CNC and numerically tape controlled machines to perform a variety of drilling, boring, reaming, threading, facing and milling operations following specific instructions.
- Setups exacting but easy to obtain using either developed fixtures or standard work holding devices.
- Review operations sheet data, tape readouts and blueprints.
- Occasionally uses Work Flow for reference purposes as required.
- Change collets and/or chucks, load and adjust tools as necessary.
- Insert control tape and set controls for manual operation.
- Initiate and insure accurate tool settings and tape data input.
- Adjust machine setting using manual data input to correct variations.
- Make minor edits to program including work shift correction and z-depth excluding thread milling depths and diameter edits.
- Note and refer for corrections discrepancies between operations sheet data and tape controlled operation.
- Check first piece using fixed or adjustable gauges and obtain approval from appropriate supervision prior to initiating production runs.
- Exercise care to observe operation, and note and refer improvements.
- Inspect output at prescribed intervals.
- Retrieve tooling and gauges from crib. Preset and insure accuracy of own tooling. Replace drills, taps, reamers, inserts and inspect and replace if worn.
- Move materials to and from machines.
- Assist in isolating and correcting malfunctions in machinery and control units.
- Perform similar or associated duties as required or directed, including the operation of auxiliary equipment such as manual tapping arms, grinders and sanders.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs for the area.
- Maintain work area, machines, and control units in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose bolts.
- Administer the 5-S’s, including sweeping and mopping of floors around machine perimeter.
- Perform preventative maintenance functions as required.
- Follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
Minimum two (2) to five (5) years CNC machining (setup and operate) experience
Experience using machine shop math
Familiar with blueprints, schematics, and related drawings
- The ability to use shop mathematics together with complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, a variety of precision measuring instruments and/or the use of training applicable to a specialized field
- Will need to use considerable judgment to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available and the making of broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity
- Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways and positions in performance of job duties
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.