CNC Swiss Machine Operator
Location: Waterbury, Connecticut
Posted: January 07, 2017
Reference ID: 952459602
Adecco is currently assisting our client who is seeking an experienced Citizen CNC Swiss Screw Operator for a Waterbury location. The CNC Operator will be responsible for setting up and operating a Citizen CNC Swiss Screw Machine in a safe and orderly manner. This is a 2nd shift, temp-to-hire position that requires training on 1st shift. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please apply now!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under the general direction of the department supervisor with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to make changes to machine offsets and/or perform minor program editing to maintain dimensional accuracy.
- Monitor and document part quality for self in CNC department, including first part, and in process inspection using tools, gages and methods provided.
- Maintain records of settings for CNC part programs and processes within the scope of department.
- Perform and document scheduled periodic maintenance and general up keep of machines in accordance with manufactures and HKMS recommendations.
- Review drawings, tool sheets, routings and specifications for accuracy and manufacturability.
- Transfer materials and parts from one location to another via, self, hand truck or cart.
- Document material usage on work orders and minimize scrap.
- May be required to perform duties in other areas such as program, maintenance, inspect, deburr, tapping, cutting, press work etc.
- Must keep work area neat, and hazard free.
- Follow all safety procedures and quality standards.
- Must possess basic tools and storage for issued and personal tools and instruments.
- High school diploma or equivalent, trade school cert./apprenticeship in metal working and a minimum of 3 years¿ experience as a screw machine operator / set-up person or machinist.
- ISO 9000 experience a plus.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex measuring equipment, drawings and related symbols
- Basic and advanced shop math required.
- Must have basic computer skills, PC based systems, JD Edwards a plus.
- Must have good communication and interactive skills.
- Ability to lift over 5 pounds and up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Citizen programming a plus.
- 20/20 vision or correctable sight required.
- Must have reasonable dexterity in hands to manipulate micrometers, calipers and other precision hand tools.
- Exposure to cutting oils and fluids daily.