CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations retail division. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Agronomy Sales Trainee program. You will work with farmers, ranchers, and producers. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will gain knowledge and experience, through on-the-job training, of all aspects of agronomy operations, agronomy sales and marketing techniques, agronomy consulting services, and cooperative philosophy needed to promote the sale of products to growers.You will gain knowledge and experience in:
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Assisting Agronomy Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Using integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generating written reports and presenting them to supervisor and/or customers.
- Learning the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assisting with over-the-counter sales, and assisting with product delivery to customers.
- Learning to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learning and utilizing Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assisting in inventory management procedures.
- Learning crop protection product mixing and operation of application equipment.
- Gaining knowledge in Custom Application: Fertilizer application and spraying crop protection products with application equipment.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in Precision Agriculture.
- Working with patrons and assisting them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Working in and keeping an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Maintaining and communicating a strong safety culture and following all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identifying and communicating workplace hazards and correcting or seeking assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1-3 years additional Agronomy/seed experience, OR Scouting/intern experience, OR Plant worker experience, OR Agricultural background
- Excellent communication and problem-solving capabilities to learn how to provide cost effective services for owners/growers.
- Willingness to learn and adopt Action Selling skills.
- Good driving record and the ability to meet CHS minimum requirements to drive company-owned vehicles.
- Ability to work extended hours in-season.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, walk, bend, climb and lift up to 50 pounds
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to obtain CCA certification
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.