COMPANY INFO: Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. JOB SUMMARY:
Delivers CO2 product and related supplies to established customers along assigned routes. Monitors each unit to assure that it is operating properly and efficiently. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Works closely with Microbulk customers to maintain optimal levels of customer service. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect vehicle before and after use according to DOT and company maintenance checklist.
- Loading Microbulk tanks, filling customer owned Microbulk tanks as assigned.
- Assist with installations
- Maintain DOT, SAFECOR and Airgas vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed.
- Work closely with customers to ensure Airgas meets their expectations, listen to and resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Assure the route truck remains in proper and safe working order and that routine and required maintenance occurs on a timely basis.
- Comply with all Federal, State and local laws regulating safe driving and the safe and proper handling of hazardous materials
- Immediately notify the Field Service Manager of malfunctioning equipment or condition that need immediate action.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some afterhours may be required may also be called by customers for emergencies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 1 year of verifiable driving experience in the past 4 years or driving school training.
- Class A or B CDL with Tanker HAZMAT endorsement & airbrakes.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases, preferred.
- Basic Computer knowledge
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.