A Super Opportunity Awaits You! Airgas
, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a CO2 Plant Level 1 Operator
in Kapolei, HI.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, chain hoist, etc. to load/unload product to and from delivery trucks to filling and storage areas.
2. May load product onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
3. Transfer product to different areas within the facility using a forklift.
4. Operation of dry ice production machines.
5. Cutting and packing of dry ice.
6. Prepares dry ice boxes and packaging materials for present or future production.
7. Weighs and tags full dry ice boxes.
8. Notify foreman or manager if normal truck loading duties cannot be accomplished for any reason.
9. Replace pallet straps as necessary.
10. Attend safety meetings.
11. Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
12. Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to foreman or manager.
13. Comply with all Airgas safety rules and company policies.
14. Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported.
15. Wear proper PPE in work area at all time.
16. Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
17. Must be willing to work on rotating shifts on 24 hours, 7 day/week schedule to meet production goals.
18. Change out/replace hydrogen cylinders
Additional duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their foreman or manager. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum one (1) year related experience and/or training preferred.
- Prior forklift operating experience is necessary, certification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure manuals.
- Able to perform heavy physical work - routinely pushing pulling more than 125 lbs with prolonged standing.
- Able to work safe and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines.
- Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
- Must be punctual and comply with shift schedule.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing applies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 plus years related experience.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityEOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.