GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Downstream Technology Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Coating Operator is assigned to operate and maintain any of the following coating/cleaning equipment: DSC coating line, spray booth, epoxy coating line, blast cleaning equipment, wash equipment and or burn off ovens.
In addition, the Coating Operator will be responsible to:
* Operate spray equipment to spray either Dresser shop coat or epoxy powder coating
* Monitor wash cycles, auto guns, oven temperatures and spray nozzles to insure proper millage of coating on parts
* Loads and unloads parts online by hand or with use of a lift table to ensure proper drying between wash and coating cycles
* Replenish and maintain coating materials at proper working levels
* Maintains cleaning solutions and paint viscosity; use required additives in measured amounts
* Operates blasting equipment using appropriate cycles and shot angles, maintains blasting grit levels, and operates stud welding equipment as directed
* Operators coating burn off equipment using prescribed temperatures and cycles
* Responsible for quality of parts coated and painted
* Maintains "Statistical Process Control" charts of millage thickness
* Performs impact testing on samples of all parts coated
* Performs preventative maintenance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis of coating and cleaning equipment and makes repairs to rollers and hangers when necessary
* Changes filters and property labels and disposes of contaminated filters
* Completes all paperwork to maintain production and inventory records
* Maintains clean and safety work area
* Knowledge of safety equipment and uses all safety equipment and procedures in conjunction with job duties
* High School diploma or GED from an accredited school or institution
* Minimum 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
* Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.