Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for coordinating and executing tasks and projects that support the planning and designing of cable construction and installation. Has developed specialized knowledge/skills in own area. May act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Completes field serviceability surveys to connect commercial buildings to one or more of the Company's services. Conducts field survey audits.
- Manages contractor activity, quality control, built mapping, timely activation, leakage detection, sweep and certification management, and address serviceability. Tracks and maintains any information needed to monitor contractor productivity including forecasting future construction activity and material usage.
- Prepares cost estimates, bill of materials, control inventory, and orders equipment, as needed.
- Assembles and interprets system HFC and Fiber documentation.
- Meets with Design and Commercial Development personnel to relay assigned work and required materials.
- Coordinates projects using available equipment, computers, map information, system specifications, and field information, as provided.
- Inspects and conducts quality control on all construction activity performed by contractors to ensure quality and compliance according to Company's procedures and specifications.
- Reviews customer requests and resolves complaints.
- Assists with reports on capital projects and construction progress.
- Reviews maps and plans necessary to secure permits from utilities, Department of Transportation, railroads, and appropriate local, state, and federal agencies.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer