The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG)
is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 800 practices, 78 urgent care clinics, and partners with HCA's 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The role of the Coder II
is to review and code clinical notes and operative reports for minimum of one specialty. Provides feedback and documentation advice to the physician, practice management, and other coders. Works with denials team to resolve coding related denials. Documents recommendations for updated coding edits.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reviews and codes operative procedures for surgical specialties.
- Coordinates and reconciles multiple surgical schedules to ensure complete charge capture.
- Charge entry of multiple surgical cases into billing system in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with A/R team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections, including recommendation of new/updated coding edits.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines and relevant federal regulations through the use of current CPT-4, HCPCS II, and ICD-9/ICD-10 materials, the Federal Register, and other pertinent materials.
- Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings, educational programs, conferences, etc.
- Assist in the development of coding education programs for in-service meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Assists in the auditing of surgical practices.
- Tracks denial patterns for surgical practices to address systemic issues
- Available to assist and direct the practice and coding operations team or other appropriate staff in surgical documentation, billing, coding, and reimbursement issues.
- Performs related work and projects as required.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Meets designated productivity and coding accuracy rate of 95%.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology is preferred.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology is preferred
Must be one of the following:
- Two years of experience in coding and/or reimbursement activities is required.
- In addition, a clinical background and previous chart abstraction experience is preferred.
Governing Body Full Name
Certification Governing Body
- AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association)
- AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Certified Coding Specialist - Physician (CCS-P)
Registered Health Information Technician - RHIT
Registered Health Information Administrator - RHIA
Certified Professional Coder - (CPC®)
Certified Professional Coder - Hospital (CPC-H®)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom