/Your Talent./Our Vision. AtAnthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: This is a work from home opportunity, however the manager prefers a candidate in the Eastern or Central time zone area.
_Coding Auditor Sr - Medical Coder Certified - 137006_
The position is responsible for auditing Medicare Advantage diagnosis data collected from physician and hospital medical records to ensure proper ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding and ensure that data complies with CMS risk adjustment requirements.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Audits Medicare Advantage diagnosis data retrieved from physician and hospital medical records and/or data extract files for both revenue project and RADV.
• Assists department with CMS National and Targeted Risk Adjustment Data Validation Audits.
• Participates and represents the department in business leadership groups.
• Acts as an expert resource to both Management and departmental staff.
• Assesses and identifies training opportunities.
• Maintains current knowledge.
• High School diploma required; BS degree in health sciences, health management or related field preferred.
• Medical Coder certification from accredited source (e.g. American Health Information Management Association, American Academy of Professional Coders or Practice Management Institute) - REQUIRED;
• 3 years' experience as coder of medical records in physician office, hospital, or insurance/coding office setting - REQUIRED.
• Experience with ICD-9/10 coding - REQUIRED.
• Experience working with Medicare Advantage preferred.
• HCC coding preferred.
• Experience with medical record documentation and Medicare guidelines preferred.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired //Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is //a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. //To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us //at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Coding Auditor Sr - Medical Coder Certified - 137006
Requisition ID: 137006
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.