About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Provides strong technical expertise and program leadership required for the development and implementation of global training and educational projects in support of clinical research, medical, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, and quality. This position requires extensive instructional design and program management skills as well as the ability to work with senior stakeholders to establish strategy for training and educational programs. Prior experience with the design, development and implementation of quality global educational programs, advanced learning program management, technical and communication skills are required. Leads cross-functional teams on key programs to align with global business objectives to meet critical needs across the organization. Experience working with senior leadership to direct and manage the overall educational program and training development, deployment and maintenance process as needed. In collaboration with business stakeholders, define educational strategies to ensure that customers are provided the necessary training to perform the requirements of the role. Ensures that the training design incorporates diverse and innovative methodologies to meet training standards and quality. Manage and deliver instructor-led training courses as identified.
As the educational program lead for projects, works with stakeholders to establish support levels, strategy, and operational educational programs for departmental, Business Units (BUs) and enterprise level training initiatives. Responsibilities include:
• Manage deliverables according to endorsed plans and timelines across multi-functional teams.
• Manage development of courseware strategy including course design, development and deployment.
• Partner with associated business line and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to proactively identify training needs and development and deployment of training programs.
• Develop processes, as needed, and monitor activities related to compliance oversight of training programs.
• Ensure programs and projects are evaluated for effectiveness and customer satisfaction and that feedback is shared and utilized as part of the continuous improvement process.
• Ensure course assignments are appropriate through interaction with governance bodies and partner organizations.
• Development of metrics and performance measures, reporting and analysis to meet business needs, and regulatory requirements
• Budget management; develop and manage budget for training projects.
• Ensure compliance to training and education regulatory requirements and consistent implementation of best practices, standards, and training globally to support inspection readiness
• Mentor colleagues or peers and serve as a role model
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design as well as project management expertise required.
• Advanced business knowledge of Clinical Research & Development, Pharmacovigilance, and/or Regulatory in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, highly complex projects concurrently.
• Prior experience in monitoring adherence to compliance-based training programs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
• Ability to implement large-scale change in complex, matrix organizations
• Required Computer Experience:
- Knowledge of LMS administration and processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneNote, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,), Adobe Acrobat, survey tools.
• BS - 7 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• MS - 5 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• Ph.D./PharmD/ MD - 3 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• Experience working globally with organizations/teams/individuals
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Limited travel domestic and/or international, as needed.
Conduct of instructor-led virtual classroom training on non-US hours.
Travel between the company locations may be required.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.