- Ready to change the way the world works? At IBM we know technology. But technology is only as good as the results it delivers. This is your chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as your career. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM, we're strongly committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications as well.
As a Cognitive Data Scientist at IBM, you'll team with some of the best minds in the industry to create innovative high quality solutions focused on clients' business needs. You'll do this using your systems knowledge and expertise to design and model applications, develop application solutions, and integrate them with packaged applications and provide our customers with the on-ramp to Cognitive Computing.
The Cognitive Data Scientist is responsible for:
- Defining the key business problems to be solved, formulating the cognitive approach to solve those problems, gathering data to solve those problems, and developing analyzing/drawing conclusions & giving the presentations.
- Architecting new database tables including building the code to extract and load the data elements as well as quality assurance
- Utilizing data requirements in developing data profiles and data mappings
- Developing and managing data models in third and fourth normal form
- Developing algorithms on massive data sets, and producing in-depth analysis of models.
- Performing data analytics and implementing mechanisms to improve data quality/investigate/resolve data anomalies and optimizing query performance.
- working with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques for unstructured content
- working with Electronic Health Records (EHR), claims and billing, flat files, and other databases
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMjobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs)
for career insights, news and latest job opportunities.
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.