IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Center of Competence (CoC) is the recognized leader for delivering solutions to clients across all industries and verticals. We combine the latest technologies with the technical depth of IBM and our extensive network of partners to design and implement innovative solutions to our client. We are now expanding our Asset Management team and looking for candidates who are a recognized authority in their area of expertise and have a proven track record of success.
The Cognitive Solution Architect is responsible for leading the overall solution architecture and design elements for Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution deployments and its ongoing maturation. The Architect will work with client personnel and executives across multiple industries to architect the appropriate solution parameters for a Cognitive Equipment Advisor implementation. This includes a wide range of design activities from assessment of client documentation and data through external application interaction design with the Watson product suite.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, scope and estimate architecture and technical services for the Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution
- Lead the architectural design and initiate development work of the Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution for clients
- Analyze functional requirements and create technical design documents
- Lead working sessions to understand client's technical requirements and existing systems
- Contribute to all phases of project life cycle of custom applications and interfaces to the Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding key decisions relation to solution / technical area
- Collaborate with other Architects working on peripheral applications and systems specific to the Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution
- Participate in pre-sales activities and assessments
- Serve as the focal point for the Cognitive Equipment Advisor intellectual capital
- Interact with IBM Watson Group to maintain continuity and collaboration with the Watson roadmap and product functionality release schedules (with focus on the Cognitive Equipment Advisor solution)
- Create and contribute to IBM's Cognitive \"Points of View\" and Industry position
A successful candidate will have hands-on knowledge of Watson Product and Solutions as well as IBM Bluemix Platform and its Catalog of Infrastructure, Applications and Services. The candidate will have the ability to provide technical leadership in the execution of engagements. In addition, successful candidates will have experience building client relationships, developing business cases and the ability to garner immediate respect and credibility through clear and concise communication. In this role, you will interact directly with clients and will be required to travel globally. Learn more about our Consulting work: ibm.com/services/us/business-consulting/digital-operations-internetofthings/BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.