This position will assist the finance and collections function in minimizing losses to the credit union. The position is focused on recovering charged-off loans and negative shares. . Other projects and monthly financial reporting may be assigned on an as needed basis. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Contact Credit Union member for collection of delinquent accounts, return checks, or negative balances to ensure the maximum turnover of receivables.
- Process and reconcile daily negative share letters to members with delinquent accounts, return items and items placed on hold.
- Process and recommend account charge offs (e.g., write-off of POS receivables, charge-off of deductions) based on Chart of Authority.
- Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert to external collection agencies and collections attorneys for member account referrals to include credit union work instructions, business practices, policies, procedures, processes and measures that drive the implementation of Credit Union strategies (e.g., revenue management, monthly initiatives).
- Review and validate Member, vendor and attorney request against CRM and collections database tracking system and Company policies and practices to create credit memo or to issue payment.
- Process bankruptcies, discharges, dismissals and reaffirmations on member related accounts; Process IRS Levis and garnishments received in a timely manner on member related accounts; Process legal placements and lawsuits received.
- Provide assistance and/or information to external vendors to jointly enable efficient finance and/or accounting work processes; update daily, weekly and monthly analysis reports.
- Process Insurance Claims, repossessed collateral sales
- E-Oscar Reporting Process
Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
- Financial Policies and Procedures. Knowledge of the Company's financial policies and procedures including Standard Practices and Procedures, Standard Accounting Codes, Reporting And Budgeting, Code of Business Conduct, ISSCOM, as well as internal policies and procedures specific to area of responsibility (e.g., controller's group, fountain, operations, manufacturing).
- Financial Systems and Processes. Ability to research financial systems and processes (e.g., journal vouchers, expense reports, vendor file) to resolve issues (e.g., missing expense checks, missing journal vouchers).
- Collections. Knowledge of policies, procedures, and applicable laws, statutes and regulations (e.g., FDCPA, and Current Bankruptcy Laws, Uniform Commercial Code) for collecting delinquent accounts, loans, and/or receivables. This includes knowledge of system reports, documenting collection efforts, determining collectability, recommending charge-offs, coordinating legal actions, etc.
- Consumer Focus: Demonstrating understanding of how one's actions and/or work impact the Company's relationship with consumers.
- Cash Management. Knowledge of cash management principles used within a business environment.
- Financial IT Systems. Knowledge of financial information systems used to capture financial transactions. This includes knowledge of operating system software, networking operating system software, software based access control tools, and data extraction/data analysis software tools.
- Forms and Report Completion. Knowledge and ability to complete a form or report accurately. This includes the ability to explain forms and data, understand input data, enter data into relevant system(s), and communicate results.
- External Accounting Systems. Knowledge of Member, bottler, or supplier accounting systems and processes.
- Coding. Knowledge of and ability to code transactions (e.g., journal vouchers, invoices, invoice deductions) in various systems.
- Accounting Principles. Knowledge of and ability to understand basic accounting principles (e.g., debit and credit) around transactional processes.
- Credit Bureaus. Knowledge of proper procedures for obtaining credit decisions including ensuring accurate and complete information is posted to make appropriate credit decisions.
- Credit Reports. Ability to pull, read, and understand information documented in credit reports including payment history, charge-offs, collections, inquiries, monthly minimums, etc.
- Proficient in Excel
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top