- Perform collections activity based on collection queue/production goals.
- Follow all required FDCPA regulations and system procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of client policies and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable call quality as determined by the Management staff.
- Assist the Unit Manager or Team Lead in working priority reports promptly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Close out an appropriate number of accounts each month as determined by Management.
- Be a mentor to new employees and assist in their training and development.
- Work with insurance companies and completing any necessary correspondence to facilitate account resolution.
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge : Working knowledge of collections. Capable of meeting production goals. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in collections, medical billing, customer service or equivalent with a proven track record of meeting production goals on a regular basis with experience in providing training and feedback to less experienced collectors. Experience with standard office software products a must.
- Skills/Aptitudes : Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.