Adecco is assisting a local client in recruiting for a current Medical Collections Specialist job in Brecksville, OH. This is for a temp to hire opportunity. As a Medical Collections Specialist you will interact with almost all internal departments, as well as with payers, asking questions to solve problems and obtain reimbursement for claims previously submitted which remain unpaid. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Medical Collections Specialist job include:
• Reviews system-generated accounts receivable reports and payer explanation of payments to identify delinquent client accounts.
• Investigates delinquent accounts/denials to determine accuracy of AR, and determines a collectible balance.
• Contacts payers on collectible accounts for status of accounts.
• Collects outstanding receivables in a timely manner to reduce bad debt and keep AR under 120.
• Aggressively works to collect AR that exceeds 120, in keeping with the Company goal for A/R.
• Documents conversations with payers inclusive of who was contacted, the name of the representative, expected outcome, next steps and date of next follow-up, if any.
• Acts as the patient liaison, calling patients to clarify insurance coverage when it is determined that an update is needed.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous healthcare reimbursement experience preferred
• Basic knowledge in the home health care field preferred
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Proven success paying careful attention to detail and completing work accurately
• Effective communications skills for interacting with clients, payers, and co-workers
• Proficiency in typing, data entry, and telephone etiquette
• Initiative to plan for and complete daily activities with minimal direction from the supervisor
We have openings on 1st shift Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM.
Pay for this position is $14.00-$21.00/hr based on experience plus overtime as needed. This is a temp to hire opportunity.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Medical Collections Specialist job in Brecksville, OH or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled