You'll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,100 locations and approximately 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The West Division of Airgas USA, LLC, is seeking a Specialist - Collections I to work at our Business Support Center (BSC) located in Long Beach, California.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for the daily tasks related to collection efforts of a portfolio of customer accounts. The Collections Specialist will effectively communicate and support the Division's collection goals, while providing quality customer service and will obtain an understanding of Company policies and procedures, and will actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools to be used in all collection efforts. Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical. Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills in organization and management of time, efforts, and resources. From time to time, research will be required, the Collections Specialist will employ skills and resources to achieve a thorough understanding of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following:
• Identify account risks, potential credit problems, disputes, and other customer issues. Generates reports and communicates potential risks to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor, as well as field contacts (Branch Manager, Account Manager, and Sales Manager) and will escalate significant matters to Division Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
• Contact customers regarding invoices / accounts which are past due. Provide information as requested in order to facilitate a quick remittance. Obtain future pay information.
• Corrects errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges and over payments.
• Documentation is critical, log conversations, e-mails and other communications. Organize documentation as to facilitate follow-up efforts. Initiate appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
• Maintain quality relationships with branch managers, account managers and sales managers. These relationships can be critical with collection efforts. Involve regional managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
• Prioritize portfolio so that collection efforts result in maximum benefits. Watch for key indicators that a customer account is falling behind, becoming delinquent.
• Work closely with cylinder control department when investigating cylinder disputes.
• Review Customer Service education courses frequently so that collection efforts do not damage customer relationships.
• Special projects
• Comply with all company policies.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Other duties as assigned.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Commercial collection experience preferred.
• A proven track record of success in prior credit and collection roles, a plus.
• Credit memo experience highly desired.
• Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to collection efforts.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• An ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
• The successful candidate must have a strong "client service" mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
• Pre-employment drug screen and background applies.
• Possess proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Database programs).
• Current experience with SAP or similar ERP highly desired.
• Ability to create reports using Excel with data points, graphs and charts, etc.
• Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.