Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas, an Air Liquide company as our Collections Specialist in Independence, OH!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. GENERAL SUMMARY:
Collections Specialist is responsible for assisting with safeguarding the assets of Airgas's North Division by maintaining a healthy accounts receivable position for all accounts assigned. The AR & Collections Representative reviews and researches account issues to assure that proper steps are taken each day to protect Airgas's interests in receivables assets and to further reduce the risk of bad debt write off. ESSENTIAL DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for managing an account portfolio and assisting in account reconciliation for the collection of all monies due from customers. Prioritizes portfolio so that collection efforts result in maximum benefits watching for key indicators that a customer account is in jeopardy of becoming delinquent.
- Resolves customer account issues including past due invoices to assure timely payments. May make recommendations to Sales and/or the customer to negotiate payment settlements. May further provide assistance with non-payment issues to resolve the root cause.
- Initiates the review, research and resolution of receivables. Evaluates customer's A/R to determine problem accounts, doubtful accounts and write-offs.
- Proactively interacts with customers to reduce the maintenance of small dollar value accounts.
- Prepares reports and presents for review with internal customers including Sales and Finance.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable reports. Utilizes reports to analyze the paying habits of customers who are delinquent in payment of account insuring that each customer's payment terms are met reasonably.
- Examines credit limits and manages them effectively for accounts in their portfolio.
- Reviews open credits with customers to be applied or refunded before it is aged to 120 days.
- Determines whether customers qualify for credit hold release for orders under $7,500 by researching the customers' payment history. Escalates those over $7,500 to Supervisor providing the necessary research and rationale.
- Works collaboratively with Cash Applications, Dispute Management and Special Handling to resolve unpaid cash and non-payment issues as well as customer-related disputes. Initiates reviews and recommendations with Field Sales & Collection management as to whether final demand notices & outside collections should be initiated.
- Maintains quality relationships with branch managers, account managers and area sales managers. Involves regional managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
- Works closely with cylinder control when investigating cylinder disputes.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior business to business, order to cash and/or business collections experience required.
- Prior SAP experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.