The Collection Support Specialist is the first tier of contact for the Division's general customer inquiries, dispute identification and documentation, and preliminary research required to resolve invoicing discrepancies. The Specialist will also provide general customer support addressing various general inquiries and requests for information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• E ffectively communicates with the customer as well as internal Airgas associates to support the fostering of the Division's collection goals and providing quality customer service. Manages incoming customer and field calls from assigned account portfolio responding to various requests for information and inquiries as the call dictates. The Specialist's account portfolio includes all incoming call demand from customers and the field within the Division.
• Applies Airgas credit & collection policies and procedures as well as customer support skills in ensuring the timely identification and escalation of significant collection issues. When disputes are identified, determines if resolution at the Tier 1 level is possible before forwarding on to Tier 2 support by providing detailed research.
o Resolves the issue on the 'first call' if possible within a reasonable time period.
o Information obtained by the Specialist is critical to either resolving the customer's issue on the 'first call' or obtaining sufficient information so the AR/Disputes Specialist can resolve the matter with limited reengagement of the customer.
• Employs all research skills so that a complete understanding of the dispute is obtained and can be adequately communicated to customer and/or Tier II support (AR/Disputes Specialist). Researches individual documents for proof of deliveries, cylinder exchange s , contract pricing and so forth.
• Analyzes and performs customer order release in response to field requests within scope of responsibility or refer to collection specialist for disposition.
• If 'first call' resolution results in customer payment, then receives and processes payment.
• Corrects errors, including billing errors, misapplied payments, reverse d late charges and over payments.
• Documents critical customer contact points including logging conversations, e-mails and other communic a tions related to resolution efforts. Organizes documentation as to facilitate follow up efforts.
• Assists with training and developing new team members.
• Maintains quality relationships with AR/Disputes Specialist and Collection associates, as well as branch managers, account managers and area sales managers.
• Reviews CS2 education courses frequently so that collection efforts do not damage customer relationships .
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
Required Minimum Length & Type of Experience:
• Prior business to business, order to cash and/or business collections experience required.
• Prior SAP or ERP experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work cross-functionally and influence within the organization without direct authority.
• Ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
• Sound understanding of the credit / collection and dispute resolution processes.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner and meet appropriate deadlines
• Ability to work independently and use judgment to resolve both routine and non-routine issues
• A proven track record of success in prior credit and collection roles, a plus.
• Strong customer service skills with a "client service" mindset. with the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
• The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and understand/utilize new technologies and tools.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.