Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is the purveyor of New Money, enabling global commerce to the tune of more than 7.7 million payments every day. Because PayPal helps people transact anytime, anywhere and in any way, the company is a driving force behind the growth of mobile commerce, as it processed 12% of the world's mobile payments in 2014. More than dollars and cents, New Money is common sense.
Do you enjoy solving problems and helping people? Want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal's Collections Operations team!
As a Collections Teammate, your goal is to deliver best-in-class service to PayPal's core and emerging products, taking problem solving and customer service to a new level is what you will do as a Collections Teammate. As a Collections Teammate you will uphold the highest level of customer service, in this specialized role you will negotiate with PayPal customers on resolving negative balances and providing quality answers. This opportunity will empower you to make decisions and be an advocate for PayPal customers.
As a Collections Teammate your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring the status of negative accounts and obtaining payments, while building and maintaining a professional interaction with customers at all times by phone.
- Exhibiting strong communication skills excel in customer interactions, exhibit creativity and skill in delivering practical solutions and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Providing exceptional customer support, guidance and program knowledge through high quality, positive interactions with every customer to obtain the best possible result.
- Using the latest in call center technology, you will play a significant role in providing PayPal customers with accurate answers to their current questions.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of customer experience: Retail, hospitality, sales, financial services, or in a call center environment with customer service via telephone, email and/or face-to-face
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.