Job Summary - The Collector is responsible for performing account follow-up and resolution of insurance and patient receivables.
Duties (included but not limited to):
. Work insurance pools and contact insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
. Review EOBs, remits and payer correspondence in the course of performing account follow-up and escalate any identified issues to the appropriate area for review and response to expedite claim resolution.
. Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
. Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements
. Maintain required productivity and QA standards
. Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
. Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
. Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
. Other duties as assigned
Minimum 1 year related experience required, preferably in healthcare or a hospital setting. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom