Join Dell and you’ll work with a dynamic team of motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
- Opportunity to work part time from home, flexible scheduling
- Responsible for providing phone, chat and email support for Dell’s
Data Security software.
- Answers questions about general usage of Dell’s Data Security Software
- Verify warranty and entitlement to determine the appropriate support for
- Apply different diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate
causes and recommend solutions to correct failures.
- Properly document customer issues prior to escalating senior engineers.
- Own and monitor customer issues from beginning until resolution or
until ownership is properly handed off to senior support engineers.
- Interface with multiple groups (e.g., sales, resolution managers, senior
engineers, etc.) to provide timely information ensuring the best
support experience for the customer
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify software defects and
provide applicable service based on entitlement and warranty
- Advise and educate customers on best practices as related to Dell’s
Data Security software (e.g., providing documentation, answering
- input and identify unique or reoccurring customer issues
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable on Dell's latest security software offerings
*Currently pursuing undergraduate degree in related field.*
- Entry level knowledge in some or all of the following technologies
- Windows Client OS
- Active Directory
Relevant/preferred certifications are not required but a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CompTIA (Network , Security )
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:// Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages./
**Job:** **Product Services - Client Technical Support*
**Title:** *College Apprentice - Technical Support Associate*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000KA7*