Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position supports COMET/SAP QM, Master data and/or EH&S functionality. This position will act as the primary team lead for identified systems and processes with a focus on COMET SAP.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic projects in SAP QM, Master data and/or EHS areas.
- Supporting the development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of critical processes and systems such as COMET SAP and managing associated master data through change control processes
- Functions independently and exercises a leadership role to enhance existing business processes and systems
- Application managed services process governance.
- The individual will have functional business expertise in Supply Chain processes and SAP systems (QM, Master data and/or EH&S areas).
Primary job responsibilities:
- Business process definition
- Develop and execute solution testing
- Organization structure and job role definitions
- Identification of technical Solutions to meet Business Requirements
- Design and documentation of Standard Business Procedures (SBPs)
- Develop and execute solution testing
- Continuous Solution Enhancing
- Working with regional and global resources to ensure oversight on ERP functional work
- Provide operational support oversight for ERP application (s)
- Working closely with Global ERP leads, and various development teams to schedule, communicate, and ensure appropriate support collaboration for key system changes and projects.
Additionally strong capabilities related to:
- Functional mapping of requirements to solution set
- Change leadership interventions and activities
- Testing and setup of COMET SAP solution set
- Post go-live stabilization and support activities/ Enhancements/ Sustainment
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Computers Science, Science or Business
- SAP knowledge must be highly focused, possessing in-depth knowledge of the capabilities w/in the assigned area - SAP QM Module, Master data and/or EH&S.
- Experience in the design, configuration, implementation, and integration of manufacturing or supply chain systems.
- 8 years SAP experience across the Supply Chain process including experience with the SAP QM module, Master data and/or EH&S modules in SAP.
- 8 years business experience in Pharma Quality Management or equivalent FDA regulated environment
- Experience with MM related to material movements that include consumptions and receipts.
- Ability to drive the process from Requirements Definition through to configuration and RICEF Specification authoring.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous initiatives and prioritize work.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills in the English language
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, including software packages used in the maintenance and analysis of data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, escalation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze complex business processes, develop and implement solutions, and communicate impact to stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to solve for complex problems, coach and mentor team members and customers, develop and deliver training materials, and ensure compliance to processes
- Leading cross-functional projects and teams
- Strong customer focus, inclusion, and collaboration
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement