Great - and always improving – production support strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented system support specialists who can own support of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering-focused Production Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of mission critical services. With a passion for devops and continuous improvement you will be encouraged to raise the bar for other support specialists to help take their capabilities to the next level.
- Must be willing to work Day/Night & weekend shifts
- Incident resolution and supporting production system deployments while ensuring SLAs are met.
- Deliver on Time to Resolve and Time to Detect reduction efforts.
- Identify and contribute to long-term solutions and preventative techniques.
- Increasing Self-Healing through closed loop automation.
- Progress, protect, and provide for the applications and sub-systems behind all of Capital One’s external and internal customer facing services with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Collaborating with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance
- Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Ability to perform incident triage and provide resolution, drive team meetings, bridge calls etc.
- Troubleshoot Batch Operations environment such as Jobs, dependencies, Quantitative resources, start/hold/load jobs etc.
- Should focus on automating the manual work and should work towards reducing MTTR
- Ability to provide recommendations/permanent fixes for recurring issues and frequent job failures
- Eager to proactively find issues in the environment
- To be influential, coming up with alternate solutions, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to focus on Innovations, Automations, using new tools to improve process and providing expert solutions to difficult problems
- Experts for projects being transitioned to our team for production support, including but not limited to: Ab Initio batch transformation processes, SQL database management, and Teradata and Big Data database population.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in Enterprise production support or 2 years of experience in software development teams.
- At least 2 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL practices and principles.
- At least 1 year of experience with Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, BlueStripe, Zabbix, HPOM, Diagnostics, Sitescope, BSM, AppResponse, CA-Unicenter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 1 year working in 1 or more of the following:
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.