Commercial Account Executive (Security/Sales)
What you will do:
The Commercial Sales Executive is responsible for promoting and selling Tyco Integrated Security services and technology within an assigned territory, leveraging relationships, closing new business for Tyco Integrated Security and ensuring customer retention. This person is the Tyco Integrated Security "brand steward", charged with telling the Tyco Integrated Security story and clearly demonstrating that Tyco Integrated Security is the leading electronic security provider. The Commercial Account Executive is responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades to new, existing and discontinued Tyco Integrated Security Commercial customers while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention by initiating post installation follow-ups. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services.
How you will do it:
• Adhere to current Tyco Integrated Security policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
• Create new market share by selling Tyco Integrated Security products and services to new local commercial customers.
• Sell additional products and services to existing accounts that continue to present new sales opportunities. Sell add-ons, amend, and convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations.
• Renew existing customer agreements.
• Responsible for resale opportunities within an assigned territory
• Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
• Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
• Follow up with prospects.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
• Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
• Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
• Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service
What we look for
Education and Experience:
• College degree preferred.
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Tyco Integrated Security organizations
• Action Oriented
• Drive for Results
• Business Acumen
• Customer Focus
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Builds Effective Teams
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Organizational Agility
• Conflict Management
• Managing Diversity
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Technical Learning
• Time Management
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
Who we are:
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer