A technician is generally responsible for installing, set-up and adjustment, repairing and/or replacing, and programming, fire alarm, burglar alarm, access control/intrusion, closed circuit television, as well as other electronic equipment systems and related equipment. A technician will also maintain, inspect, and test such systems as required and document activities as required.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in IP based software and network systems.
- Troubleshooting - Diagnose causes of system problems or failures in systems and identify equipment and/or systems requiring repair
- Perform regular system inspections including evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs, and recommending preventative maintenance.
- Oversee and/or install project specific cabling and raceways per specifications and applicable building, electrical, and fire codes.
- Must be able to fish covered walls and ceilings.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Hold and maintain a valid drivers license.
- For fire alarm or special hazard suppression technicians, must hold appropriate state licenses.
- Possess good interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate and work amiably, professionally, and courteously with a variety of personalities.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.