we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Commercial Business Director in San Diego, CA, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD
focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will ensures sales forecasts and operational budgets are met or exceeded within the therapeutic area at a regional level by inspiring ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire team by regularly communicating AstraZeneca's vision, business objectives and performance outcomes. You will focus the team on delivering a few high-impact opportunities by identifying issues and implementing customer-specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences. You will accomplish this by using robust analytical rigor to frame situations and incorporate new perspectives and ideas. You will anticipate and remove obstacles so that your teams can deliver results and succeed.
You will establishes business objectives, assesses performance, and addresses skill development for direct reports to ensure appropriate portfolio management, including opportunities for career development by investing in long-term development of others through mentoring, coaching and continuous feedback. You will lead and influence district sales leaders through modeling and coaching to AZ's leadership capabilities by creating a climate of trust so team members can act decisively by clarifying roles/responsibilities and establishing boundaries of decision-making. You will help your team align their business actions to the regional plans, so they can understand and evaluate the potential impact of external events on the organizational and regional strategies by accurately acknowledging both the broad environmental context of situations and the needs and motivations of others, so they know who they need to influence and why.Essential Requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years' experience in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare
- Leadership experience in field sales
- Demonstrated communication competencies
- Experience in managing budgets
- Ability to lead and develop district sales leaders
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Breadth of experience in another commercial discipline (including Compliance, MAPS, Comm Ops, etc.)
- Ability to identify strategies with greatest business impact, formulate an appropriate business plan and enroll their teams to execute the plan
- Thorough understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within all therapeutic areas
- Exhibited ability to manage multiple, concurrent work-streams in diverse functional/therapeutic areas
- Successful work experience in team selling environments, inclusive of successful management of teams
- Working relationships with top Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Experience in leading Institutional directors (Hospital Health System Executives, Institutional Account Executives and Quality Institutional Account Managers)
- Preference in working and leading a sales team in an institutional market (formulary, stocking, and protocol development).
- Experience with sales forecasts and operational budgets within the therapeutic area at a regional level.
- Has the abilities and behaviors to proactively identify issues and opportunities and use robust analytical rigor to frame situations and incorporate new perspectives and ideas to forward regional and enterprise initiatives.
- Collaborating with customers and internal stakeholders in the field to help shape customer perceptions of AZ and enhance the brand portfolio.
- Proven track record of attracting and developing diverse teams and optimizing team performance in direct and matrixed leadership roles.
- Demonstrated experiences in leading and influencing organizational change.
- Has experience developing and leading high performing teams by establishing business objectives, assessing performance and driving leader accountability.
- Focuses on delivering high-impact opportunities by implementing customer-specific approaches based upon their needs and preferences.
- Demonstrated commercial and/or development leadership of pre-launch and launch activities.
- Portfolio management experience.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.