Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Commercial Card Underwriter II - Plano
The Commercial Card Underwriter II is responsible for evaluating Transactional (Commercial Credit Card) loan applications for new loan facilities, as well as decisioning renewals, increases and decreases in exposure, all in accordance with business unit standards. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. The incumbent will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Commercial Centralized Underwriting team and the line of business unit.
- Analyze all aspects of an applicant’s business to determine credit worthiness and ability to pay under the terms and conditions set forth in the credit approval to minimize default risk and maximize the bank’s profitability. This includes analysis of bank statements, credit card processing statements, tax returns and/or financial statements (balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statements)
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors. Identifies and mitigates risks associated with individual borrower’s credit requests including industry risks
- Decisions credit requests and prepares credit packages for approval within prescribed timeframes to meet business partners and customers expectations
- Understand and employ all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business.
- Prepare the written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine credit facilities.
- Performs and verifies compliance with loan policy, AML, KYC and all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Determine the proper risk rating for all facilities within an assigned loan portfolio and complete the required paperwork for any rating changes.
- Remain up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance.
- Assist in developing new strategies to improve customer experience and manage risk in processes related to fraud and severity management.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 2 years commercial credit card or similar experience such as unsecured, non-recourse lending to companies with revenues between $10MM - $100MM
- Understanding of credit products, working knowledge of small business lending laws and regulations
- Excellent communications skills, attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive tasks in a face paced environment
- Familiarity with credit scoring systems
• Bachelors Degree or Military experience
• Bachelors Degree in Finance, Bachelors Degree in Business or Bachelors Degree in Accounting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.