GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Commercial Contract Leader applies business & legal judgment to negotiate & make business & legal contract clause decisions on 70%+ of contracts. The Leader also partners with key functional stakeholders in legal, finance, controllership, & business. The Commercial Contract Leader works closely with both customers as well as company sales and service teams to resolve contractual issues.
1. Drafting, reviewing/editing, & negotiating strategic & transactional customer agreements such as (but not limited to): customer sales contracts, amendments, contract renewals & expansions, & customer requests for proposal.
2. Reviewing & approving higher risk terms negotiated by Contract Specialists
3. Providing training & day-to-day mentorship to Contract Specialists.
4. Managing contract clause libraries & contract databases.
5. Advising sales & business teams on agreement structure & alternatives.
6. Managing the contract approval process to meet/exceed business cycle time requirements.
7. Leading lean & process improvement efforts to support achievement of business objectives.
Quality Specific Goals:
+ Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
+ Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
+ Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Bachelor's Degree (JD / Juris Doctor preferred)
2. 3 to 5 years of experience within commercial contracting, drafting and negotiating.
1. Prior experience with contract drafting & negotiation & customer/client interaction & relationships.
2. JD / Juris Doctor
3. Experience within the Healthcare industry.
4. Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast paced environment.
5. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Locations: United States ; Wisconsin; Wauwatosa
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.