Job Description: Summary:
Under general direction and in conformance with Corporate and Division Policies and procedures, directs the financial control and accounting activities of the Commercial business of the DX_Ducted business unit to assure accurate and timely preparation, recording, transmissions, analysis and communication of data necessary to control operations and achieve objectives. Plans, develops necessary procedures; organizes and directs the group's accounting, financial control and data processing functions. Provides analysis, counsel, advice and recommendations to help upper management make operating decisions to reduce costs, improve profits and return on investment and to achieve goals and plans. Initiates such audits, as necessary, to assure compliance with policies and procedures and to test the adequacy of systems used to ensure the accuracy of reporting data and the security of assets. Role / Responsibilities:
- Prepares annual budgets and cost projections, monthly forecasts and firm-ups. Prepares or supervises preparation of all periodic financial control reports such as capital spend and engineering metric tracking.
- Work with engineering and product management teams to develop metrics to track progress on product development projects and establish and monitor product costing throughout the product development cycle.
- Bridge Actual revenue/expenses to Plan, Forecast, and Outlook. Work with GISC to explain Factory variances. Work with Department Heads to explain cost center variances.
- Provide Division Controller with recommendations on closing financial gaps.
- Prepare Journal Entries to accrue Costs or move Costs to proper location/entity.
- Track capital project spending, timing and cost impact against project plan, forecasts and budget to understand and report variances. Work with project managers to assure timely capitalization of equipment placed in use. Assist/perform sample CAR post audits to verify savings. Coordinates periodic fixed asset physical inventory per company policies.
- Assists corporate and divisional systems personnel in the implementation and continued reliability of IT systems. Prepares requests and recommendations for systems/programming changes to meet needs and conditions.
- Analyzes SG&A operating costs in detail and recommends action to increase profitability and enhance long-term return on investment.
- Performs special studies and analyses at request of program and company management.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions.
This job and all other duties performed under this job description will adhere to all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations, as well as any additional company specific environmental management system requirement. Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree required. Major in Accounting or Finance.
- 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years in Controller role in manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft suite, HFM - Hyperion Financial Management and SAP preferred.
- SOX knowledge and Compliance highly preferred.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.